Apinunt Udomkit, Ph.D., Assoc. Prof.
Shrimp Molecular Biology
|Ph.D. (Molecular Biology), University of Edinburgh, UK, 1996
Our current research aims to study the molecular mechanism controlling reproduction in economically important shrimp.
2) Regulation of vitellogenin and gonad-inhibiting hormone gene expression; 3) Identification and functional investigation of Argonaute proteins, one of the important constituents of RNA-induced gene silencing pathway in shrimp antiviral defense and germ cells developmental control.
1. Sathapondecha P, Panyim S, Udomkit A. An essential role of Rieske domain oxygenase Neverland in the molting cycle of black tiger 1 shrimp, Penaeus monodon. Comp Biochem Physiol-A. 2017;213:11-19.
2. Sanitt P, Apiratikul N, Niyomtham N, Yingyongnarongkul BE, Assavalapsakul W, Panyim S, Udomkit A. Cholesterol-based cationic liposome increases dsRNA protection of yellow head virus infection in Penaeus vannamei. J Biotechnol. 2016;228:95-102.
3. Sathapondecha P, Panyim S, Udomkit A. A novel function of bursicon in stimulation of vitellogenin expression in black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon. Aquaculture. 2015;446:80-87.
4. Leebonoi W, Sukthaworn S, Panyim S, Udomkit A. A novel gonad-specific Argonaute 4 serves as a defense against transposons in the black tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon. Fish Shellfish Immunol 2015;42(2):280-288.
5. Urtgam S, Treerattrakool S, Roytrakul S, Wongtripop S, Prommoon J, Panyim S, Udomkit A. Correlation between gonad-inhibiting hormone and vitellogenin during ovarian maturation in the domesticated Penaeus monodon. Aquaculture 2015;437:1-9.