Assoc. Prof. Nuanchan Chutabhakdikul, Ph.D.
My research interest focusing on the effects of maternal stress on brain development e.g., neurogenesis, neural migration, axonal growth, and synapses formation. Recent work focused on the roles of the placenta barrier in modulating the effects of maternal stress on the neuro-immune function in the pup’s brain to understand the mechanism of neurodevelopmental disorders and to explore the possibility of reprogramming.
Another research interest focusing on the development and fostering of attention, executive function, and self-regulation in children and adolescence. Our goal is to translate neuroscience research to guide parents and teachers for better early childhood care and education with specific aim to enhance cognitive control, socio-emotional skills for a better school learning outcomes of Thai children.
- Surakul P, Chutabhakdikul N*, Vanichviriyakit R, Promthep K, Thangnipon W. (2022), Maternal stress induced autophagy dysfunction and immune activation in the hippocampus of adolescence rat pups. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. 121:102085.
- Lertladaluck K, Suppalarkbunlue W, Moriguchi Y, Chutabhakdikul N.* (2021). School-Based Mindfulness Intervention Improves Executive Functions and Self-Regulation in Preschoolers at Risk. The Journal of Behavioral Science. 16(2):58-72.
- Kolaka R, Vanichviriyakit V, Chutabhakdikul N.* (2021). Effects of Maternal Stress on Reelin Signaling and Migration of GABAergic Interneurons in the Prefrontal Cortex of Postnatal Rats. Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 28(1):40-54.
- Phongsura W, Nopparat C, Mukda S, Chutabhakdikul N.* (2021). Prenatal Stress Decreased Dopaminergic Biomarkers in the Nucleus Accumbens of the Adolescent Rat Offspring. Proceedings of The 24th Annual Conference of The Thai Neuroscience Society. p.43-48.
- Lertladaluck K, Chutabhakdikul N, Chevalier N, Moriguchi Y*. Effects of social and nonsocial reward on executive function in preschoolers. Brain Behav. 2020: e01763.
- Chounchay S, Noctor SC, Chutabhakdikul N*. Microglia enhances proliferation of neural progenitor cells in an in vitro model of hypoxic-ischemic injury. EXCLI J. 2020;19:950-61.
- Lukseng T, Siripornpanich V, Chutabhakdikul N*. Long-Term Vipassana Meditation Enhances Executive Function in Adult Meditators. Siriraj Medical Journal. 2020;72(4):343-51.
- Duangruetai Seamkhumhom, Apawan Nookong*, Somsiri Rungamornrat, Nuanchan Chutabhakdikul. (2019). Factors Related to Executive Functions in Preschool-Aged Children. Journal of Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council. 34 (4), p.80-94.
- Siripornpanich, V., Visudtibhan, A., Kotchabhakdi, N., and Chutabhakdikul, N.* (2019). “Delayed cortical maturation at the centrotemporal brain regions in patients with benign childhood epilepsy with centrotemporal spikes (BCECTS).” Epilepsy Res 154: 124-131.
- Kolaka, R., Chotwiwatthanakun, C., and Chutabhakdikul, N.* (2019). Fetal exposure to high levels of maternal glucocorticoids alters reelin signaling in the prefrontal cortex of rat pups. International journal of developmental neuroscience. 78: p. 185-190.
- Siripornpanich, V., Sampoon, K., Chaithirayanon, S., Kotchabhakdi, N., and Chutabhakdikul, N.* (2018). “Enhancing Brain Maturation Through a Mindfulness-Based Education in Elementary School Children: a Quantitative EEG Study.” Mindfulness 9(6): 1877-1884.
- Nuanchan Chutabhakdikul*, Panadda Thanasetkorn, Orapin Lertawasadatrakul, Nootchanart Ruksee. (2017) Tool Development and Evaluation Criteria for Assessment of Executive Function in Early Childhood. Research Report. 1st Edition. Bangkok, Thailand: The Health System Research Institute (HSRI), The Institute of Molecular Biosciences and The National Institute for Child and Family Development, Mahidol University. January 2017. 229 pages.
- Jiraanont, P., Kumar, M., Tang, H. T., Espinal, G., Hagerman, P. J., Hagerman, R. J., Chutabhakdikul, N., and Tassone, F. (2017). “Size and methylation mosaicism in males with Fragile X syndrome.” Expert Rev Mol Diagn 17(11): 1023-1032.
- Jiraanont, Poonnada, Stefan Sweha, Reem R. Al Olabi, Marisol Silva, Hiu-Tung Tang, Blythe Durbin-Johnson, Andrea Schneider, Glenda M. Espinal, Paul J. Hagerman, Susan M. Rivera, David R. Hessl, Randi J. Hagerman, Nuanchan Chutabhakdikul, and Flora Tassone. (2017). Clinical and Molecular Correlates in Fragile X Premutation Females. eNeurologicalSci. Vol 7: 49-56.
- Themkumkwun P., Chutabhakdikul N., Ruksi N., Thanasetkorn P. (2017) The 101s Storybooks Intervention Program to Promote Executive Function Development in Preschool: The Case Study in Thailand, INTED 2017 Proceedings, p. 4179-4187.
- Charoenphol I, Ruksi N., Chutabhakdikul N., P. Thanasetkorn (2017) The Impact of The 101s Storybooks Program on Executive Function Skills in First Grade Students: The Case Study in Thailand, INTED 2017 Proceedings, p. 4101-4109.
- Veerawatananan B, Surakul P, Chutabhakdikul N.* (2016) Maternal restraint stress delays maturation of cation-chloride cotransporters and GABAA receptor subunits in the hippocampus of rat pups at puberty. Neurobiology of Stress, Vol. 3: 1-7.