Supajit Sraphet, Ph.D.
|Ph.D. (Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering), Mahidol University, 2011
Research Interests :Our current research aims to develop Simple Sequence Repeats (SSR) or microsatellite, and Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) markers in order to apply for genomic study of economically important crops especially cassava. We have focused on using the molecular markers for construction of genetic linkage maps and QTL analysis of important traits such as yield, starch content and yield-related traits. The results of our work would lead to discovery of candidate genes underlying these traits. Importantly, it is an important step to establish Marker Assisted Selection (MAS) in the cassava breeding program. In addition, we have also applied SSR markers as well as DNA barcoding for conservation purposes in rare plants and animals of Thailand including medicinal plants and for species identification.
1. Sraphet S, Boonchanawiwat A, Thanyasiriwat T, Thaikert R, Whankaew S, Smith DR, et al. Quantitative trait loci underlying root yield and starch content in an F 1 derived cassava population (Manihot esculenta Crantz). J Agric Sci. 2017;155(4):569-81.
2. Sraphet S, Ponsit T, Suksee N, Smith DR, Triwitayakorn K, Kongsawadworakul P. Genetic Linkage Map of Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) Based on Rubber Tree and Cassava Simple Sequence Repeat Markers. J Crop Improv. 2016;30(5):552-61.
3. Utsumi Y, Tanaka M, Kurotani A, Yoshida T, Mochida K, Matsui A, et al. Cassava (Manihot esculenta) transcriptome analysis in response to infection by the fungus Colletotrichum gloeosporioides using an oligonucleotide-DNA microarray. J Plant Res. 2016;129(4):711-26.
4. Sraphet S, Smith DR, Triwitayakorn K. Isolation and Characterization of Microsatellite Loci and Genetic Diversity in Cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz). J Crop Improv. 2015;29(4):447-54.
5. Sraphet S, Saengsri A, Smith DR, Triwitayakorn K. Genetic analysis of Cheirostylis species based on microsatellite markers. Plant Genet Resour-C. 2015;13(03):286-9.
6. Sraphet S, Boonchanawiwat A, Thanyasiriwat T, Boonseng O, Tabata S, Sasamoto S, et al. SSR and EST-SSR-based genetic linkage map of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz). Theor Appl Genet. 2011;122(6):1161-70.