รองศาสตราจารย์ ดร.ชาติชาย กฤตนัย
|Ph.D. (Biochemistry & Biophysics), Oregon State University, 1997
Phone: (+66) 2-441-9003-7: Ext.1410/1473
Research Interests : Protein Structure and Proteomics
Our Protein Structure and Proteomics (PSP) Laboratory has a long interest in research to elucidate structural conformation and functional mechanism of insect larvicidal proteins derived from Bacillus thruringiensis. We have applied spectroscopic and biophysical techniques to trace conformational transition and interaction of the mosquitocidal Cry4Ba and Cyt2Aa proteins. Mutant proteins were then designed and constructed for stability and activity enhancement.
We are also working on proteomic research to investigate viral-host interaction in economically important crustaceans. Multiplexed proteomics was applied to investigate expression, phosphorylation and glycosylation of proteins in shrimps and crabs during Yellow Head (YHV) and White Spot Symdrome Virus (WSSV) infections. Proposed proteins and pathways involved in viral infection was then indentified to provide insight for the molecular events of crustacean immunity and pathogenesis.
1. Havanapan, P., Kanlaya, R., Bourchookarn, A., Krittanai, C. and Thongboonkerd, V. C-terminal hemocyanin from hemocytes of Penaeus vannamei interacts with ERK1/2 and undergoes serine phosphorylation. Journal of Proteome Research (2009) 8(5):2476-83.
2. Sangcharoen, A., Tepanant, W., Kidsangaun, S., Promdonkoy, B. and Krittanai, C. Investigation of the Unfolding Pathway of Bacillus thuringiensis Cyt2Aa2 Toxin Reveals an Unfolding Intermediate. Journal of Biotechnology (2009) 141(3-4):137-41.
3. Sriyaba, S., Yojina, J., Ngamsaad, W., Kangthang, P., Modchang, C., Nuttavut, N., Lenbury, Y., Krittanai, C. and Triampo, W. Mesoscale modeling technique for studying the dynamics oscillation of min protein: Pattern formation analysis with lattice Boltzmann method. Computers in Biology and Medicine (2009) 39(5):412-24.
4. Bourchookarn A., Chongsatja P., Thongboonkerd V. and Krittanai C. Proteomic Analysis of Altered Proteins in Lymphoid Organ of Yellow Head Virus Infected Penaeus monodon. BBA Protein and Proteomics 2008; 1784(3): 504-11.
5. Thammachat, S., Pathaichindachote, W., Krittanai, C. and Promdonkoy, B. Amino acids at N- and Ctermini are required for efficient production and folding of a cytolytic ?-endotoxin from Bacillus thuringiensis. BMB Reports; (2008) 41:820-5.
6. Chongsatja, P. Bourchookarn, A. Lo, CF. Thongboonkerd, V. Krittanai, C. Proteomic analysis of differentially expressed proteins in Penaeus vannamei hemocytes upon Taura Syndrome Virus infection Proteomics (2007)7(19): 3592-601.